Friday, March 25, 2005

...let's drink to the military!...

To the people of the Land of the Rising Sun: Hell. Yes.


Beautiful outside, gorgeous spring. The perfect kind of weather to go walking around on sidewalks with no more snow, smelling the dirt again. Listening to Metric on my IPOD! as I go. Oh baby, how did we get by without it?

Tonight is dinner at Pomegranate, then writing linguistic anthro. Tomorrow is linguistic anthro which will be finished, bioethics, then French. Sunday is work. Monday is work. Tuesday is work. Wednesday is martinis, in excessive amounts. And that's as far in advance as I can plan.

I think at one point maybe I was inspired. Lately, all I can do is look around me watching others' inspirations, others' creativity. Ask them for music advice, consider cutting my hair androgynously short like theirs. Wearing green scarves as belts.


Addendum: Between April 2 and May 21st there are 9 shows I want to go see. In chronological order, not any other - Bloc Party, Weakerthans, Zap Mama, Billy Idol (omg can you imagine?), The Shins, Ani DiFranco, Arcade Fire, Gang of Four, and Decemberists. Somewhere in there, Deanna says there is also a Killers concert. Which means... 10, not 9 shows. All will be seen. Yes?