Thursday, May 01, 2008

...what the professionals use...

Today was so many many hours of anxiety and restlessness, for no other reason than... well the reason isn't important, except to say that it would have sent Dorothy Parker into an apoplectic fit.

I won't betray myself to be even more the weak-kneed female and say that it was the 42 minutes that I spent in someone else's company that saved the entire day for me.

I played audience member at an insuffienctly-attended event, and spent the entire time alternating between thoughts of restlessly crawling out of my skin, and asking myself in all seriousness "what would Dorothy do?" - I don't know what exactly her reaction would be, what her attitude would be, in this situation, but I am fairly certain I missed the mark.

Unless she was more like the secret-Miss-Marion and not the surface-Miss-Marion.

Not having her advice at my disposal, I turn, as always, to Phil: Inner conflict is the greatest enemy of hopes, dreams and desires. Keep your intentions focused and keep your sights on the positive.