Thursday, April 10, 2008

...if you lived here, you'd be home now...

I arrived in Halifax a couple of hours ago and I wish I could tell you more about what I see, but so far all I see is foggy and dark. It's late, and I'm tired, and I'm also not feeling particularly warm to learning my surroundings. I have airplane ear and sinus issues, am coughing and still trying to finish a paper which will be submitted late. The way things are looking, the last two papers of my undergraduate career will both be submitted late. That, and my own persistant insecurities, are making me irritable.

I look out at the water outside my hotel window and wonder what I'm doing here. I hate Toronto, yet I belong there. Everyone here is a stranger. The nicest strangers, but I still can't get comfortable. Halifax is both smaller and infinately larger, and not at all what I am used to.

The flight was short, less than two hours, but I feel misled. This is very far away.