Wednesday, May 03, 2006

...it was a handsome priest...

I was debating whether to post or not, because posting three times in one day is a kind of excess I wasn't ready for. But then I thought, this week was all about excess so why should today be any different?

I have a confession. I spent the week wavering in my loyalty to blogger. Circumstances (ie: peer pressure) brought me to myspace, and then I spent hours there, and it was a disaster. By which I mean, it was a blast. Ipso facto, I got nothing done.

Now I even have the lingo down

I have a number of problems with myspace though. For one thing, if ever there was a platform to get one onto cyber-stalking, that is it. I mean, it tells you when everyone is online like you are. So you are all online, together, and know it. Even if you are doing other things, and they are doing other things, you stay on because that is just the way it is. And eventually you start chatting and it is about MarioKart and then it picks up nuances. And how many nuances can you create about MarioKart? Too many. Let me tell you. Then there's the comments feature - I love comments, I love people leaving me comments. It's a sign that says "hi, I'm here, and listening to you, and You are important to Me." Or something. But the way it does it is that you can't comment on your own page. So if someone leaves you a comment, you can't respond to it unless you take your thread to THEIR page, and then leave the comment. So you waste all this time, hopping from one page to another when it would make so much more sense to leave it all together like civilised people. I haven't even gotten to the psychoemotive effects! Like why are there only three new comments. In fact, why haven't people updated their myspace blogs - I mean I have read "ode to hot hat boy" half a dozen times already. And where is everyone else? Well I can't tell you that. I can only tell you they aren't online.

Allegedly I studied all day, but mostly I was on myspace, and although I did finish all the term readings, I feel as if I got nothing done. Because I was on myspace. Honestly what is the use of a day off from work is this is what you will do with it? I'm leaving now, to shower and go to bed.

But first I have to check my myspace.

Speaking of excess: coffee much? I'm sorry for the rant. You can now resume your regularly scheduled lives