Thursday, May 05, 2005

...in a beautiful world...

Such an incredible day, with sunshine to boot.

i) From the server at Red Lobster earlier, to Farnam and I on our hot lunch date, the best compliment ever: "Are you girls fashion students?"

ii) Grosman was so happy to see me that he hugged me twice, and then I volunteered to be his student-teacher for 9 applied math. Hurrah! This much closer to my 300+ (dear lord) volunteering hours requirement. How hot that Rach and I will be volunteering at the same school.

iii) Compiling a list of books and other media to send to Retsos.

iv) I look so unbelievably great today. Which is wonderful because I saw the boy, and it's good when he sees me pretty. Slides his arm around me as I walk up to him post-exam. "Hey how did it go?". "So good", I answer. Thinking, 'you're touching me; that's good too'. So adorable, I can't stand it.

Then this afternoon seeing Laura randomly on the street, odd. She's... blond. I mean, she was always blond, and all that implies. But she went Marilyn blonde and it looks the opposite of the sophistication I can only assume she was aiming for. And while Le Chateau head to toe was acceptable in high school, it doesn't really work for her anymore. It was nice and pleasant and completely contrived, our little encounter, which just shows that we aren't likely to ever be friends again.

v) I don't have the money to buy tickets for all the things I need to buy tickets for. Suggestions?