Saturday, January 06, 2007

...three times, before this one...

I can't even describe what reading this book is doing to me tonight. I wonder how many of you are familiar with musical terms - Guy Gavriel Kay's books are full of these gorgeous subtle grace notes that drop in to visit; not substantial enough to deprive new readers of something missed, but a lovely treat to those of us well-traveled through his worlds, reunions with old friends. I admit, even after the wolves, I did not see it coming. And then suddenly, Kim! Here I thought she had been an only child. What else lies in store for me? I'm spinning in anticipation, trying to stop myself from trying to predict what will come next. I'll stop doing that now, and just listen to the story.

I will see everyone in two days, ssssh no disturbing until then.Ysabel and I are on a date, long-awaited.