Monday, June 09, 2008

...active weather report...

They called a tornado watch for the GTA, including Vaughan and Richmond Hill (between the two of which I live, in the "village of Thornhill"), and now I cannot sleep. Where is a cellar when you need one? I have batteries but no bottled water. My parents are asleep upstairs and I am tempted to wake them and have them move to the basement to hole up behind cushions while I read aloud from David Copperfield to pass the time... is that what one does during a tornado?

I have to do laundry. Should one do laundry during active storms? Won't the water in the machine draw the lightning, or something? Like when they tell you not to swim during a storm? Oh god, and what if I need to shower?

I am a little drunk.

Possibly not the best thing to be during a tornado.